analytics

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Real Moms, Real Women | Puyallup Tacoma Womens Portraits

What is beauty?
Thanks to the amazing and wonderful Sue Bryce on Creative Live, I got to explore this question beyond just my personal thoughts and explore it as a business person.

What is it?
Is it a personal quality?
The turn of a nose?
A range of dress sizes?
Is it a sense of humor?
And then..
How do I capture that?
How do my clients feel when viewing their images alone in their home?
Do they say "wow what a great picture"?
Or do they say "nice picture, but I'm glad the kids are in front of me"?
I KNOW my clients are beautiful.  I want to make sure they see what I see!







So I asked a few friends to model for me.  Size is not an issue.  Skin perfection is not an issue.  I told them to just be comfortable and wear something simple.  These are all taken in their home, usually in the living room.



These are real women, real moms, and they deserve more token images in the once a year family portrait.



I'd really like to expand this project.  I sincerely want to photograph every age, every stage in life, every range of woman.  If you'd like to be a part of it please contact me or comment here on the blog.





Remember, I'm also looking for Fresh Faces for this year's advertising.  If you, your mother, your daughter or your friend are interested in joining the contest I'll take pictures until 9 pm May 12th!

No comments:

Post a Comment