analytics

Friday, July 6, 2012

Fun with 85mm | Puyallup Women's Portraits

I recently purchased a new lens and asked my friend Tonia F to come model and play with me while I got used to it being a prime lens with a narrow field of view.  We toted our kids (two of hers, one of mine) to a park I know is VERY green and has lots of shade.  Tonia was getting ready for a date night pretty soon anyway and had dolled herself up in a beautiful vintage style dress, sweater and done her own hair! 
So let's see how silly to mom-photographers can be when there's no pressure, no client, just us an cameras!
First up - I had to decide which direction I wanted to go with it.  The Vintage edit seemed too soft and I love the pop of colors in the Clean edit.  So clean it is...



I love this one so much it's the cover on my FB page. :)



And if you know Tonia - she laughs a lot!


Boy do you love her hair or what???  Plus this lens' low aperture (2.8 here) allows for lots of detail in the subject but a beautiful smooth "blurred" bokeh background.


Thanks for playing with me Tonia! 

For more information on women's portraits, family portraits or wedding photography please email me at info@ndrobbs.com



No comments:

Post a Comment